Find out about working with Ben Uri Gallery and Museum. Details of all current vacancies are made available on this page.
Job Title: Exhibition Supervisor
Location: Inigo Room, Kings College London, Somerset House, London WC2
Wage: £9.25 p/h
Hours and contact;
Guaranteed minimum average of 30 hours and maximum average of 36 hours per week between the hours of 09:45 and 6.15pm Monday to Sunday as required.
Initial requirement is Monday to Friday 10.45 – 6.00pm
Immediate start, fixed term contact until 13th December 2014
8 October, interviews Monday 12 of October
Job Title: Exhibition Supervisor
Responsible to: Centenary Exhibition Duty Managers and Head Office management.
- Responsible for encouraging and training volunteer staff to deliver the required visitor experience on the three key centres of focus
- Welcome procedure - signing in the visitor book; inviting donation rather than entrance fee; Introduction to the museum and exhibition; sharing info booklet and audio guides
- Engaging visitors to make written, oral, IPad or video comments on exhibition, collection artworks and their stories of migration
- Leaving procedure – selling catalogues / making donation / becoming Friend / revisiting visitor book for email to keep visitors informed of future exhibitions / giving out hand out flyers
- Supervision of Volunteer Visitor Hosts on a day to day basis
- Supporting the Exhibition Duty Manager in all aspects of the running of the exhibition space included the security of the staff, visitors, exhibition, equipment, building, catalogues and moneys
- Supporting the effective management of the digital equipment and strategy employed at the exhibition
To apply please email a CV and Covering letter to email@example.com with Exhibition Supervisor in the subject line by 9am on the 8 October.
Please note that we will only respond to those candidates who have been selected for interview, if you have not heard from the gallery by the 7th of October you have not been successful on this occasion.
Volunteer Visitor Hosts: 'Out of Chaos; Ben Uri: 100 Years in London'
Ben Uri operates an on-going intern programme across a wide range of disciplines.
We are currently looking for the following;
Front of House Assistant Internship
Ben Uri is actively planning a new, exciting 50,000 sq. ft. Museum of Art, Identity and Migration in the heart of London's established museum locales. We are now ready to recruit a new set of Boards to extend our reach and support across London and internationally.
A Centenary Board (Ben Uri will celebrate its centenary in July 2015), a Patrons Board, an Arts Events Board, a Young Professionals Board, an International Supporters Board and an enlarged Executive Trustee Board are key parts of the strategy to establish a significant permanent gallery in London, strengthen our programmes and engage larger and wider audiences from across London's diverse and large in number émigré communities and all those around us.
We are looking for colleagues across all ages, professions and communities who passionately share our vision of a large centrally-located gallery and museum for 'everyone' telling the stories of immigrant communities' journeys to London and challenges of identity and integration through their artists and their art.
We seek a broad range of skills and experience in our new board members as detailed here:
- Property – Involved or in the close surrounds of the London market.
- Finance – Create innovative secure opportunities for supporters and investors to commit to the needs of the museum – revenue and capital. Drive the management accounting presentations at Board.
- Secretarial / HR – Ensure all regulatory returns are made on time – lead on any legal issues and add experienced HR input.
- Marketing, PR, Web & Social Media – Professionalise our current often successful campaigns to maximise opportunities.
- Wellbeing – Assist and guide our team in developing our programmes to maximise impact and funding within new Health Service and local government structures.
- Learning and Outreach – Bring a wide knowledge and expertise to expand our already successful local and national programming.
- Business to Business – Help refine and expand our Preferred Partnerships where Ben Uri develops a productive marketing campaign for the preferred partner company in return for varying levels of payment.
- Fund Raising – Lead the Board’s capital and revenue campaigns through building a network of ambassadors, support committees and institutional and business partners.
- Art – We seek to appoint both a distinguished artist and a curator / scholar / museum professional to ensure the creative voices are heard and listened to.
If you are interested in discussing further please email the Chair, David Glasser to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short resume and detail your specific areas of interest and expertise.